Bachelor in Information Communication and Technology Education (BICTE) is an undergraduate program offered by Tribhuvan University, under the Faculty of Education. It is a 4-year semester-based program spreading over 8 semesters covering a total of 138 credit hours, that includes 12 credit hours for communication skills courses, 24 credit hours for educational core courses, 60 credit hours for specialization major subjects, 30 credit hours for minor subjects and 9 credit hours for teaching internship/practicum.
BICTE is a bachelor degree program introduced to make students familiar with the modern education systems and computer science, along with the use of information and communication technology focusing on the subjects like Information Technology, Programming, Psychology, Fundamental & Technology in Education, Java Programming Language, Database Management System, Data Communication, and Artificial Intelligence.
- To prepare students for higher studies like Masters’ level program in the area of Education, Information Communication Technology or other related field
- To provide students with a better and extensive learning about Computer Science and Information Communication Technology concepts like Programming, Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Management Information System, Data structures, Computer Graphics, Cyber law, Artificial intelligence and other BICT related subjects.
- To provide theoretical knowledge to the students to build up a deeper understanding and familiarize them with the practical tools and techniques used in the development of computer systems software and technology.
- To prepare successful BICT graduates to build their career in their interested field or BICT related field such as a Computer Teacher in Higher Level, Software Application Developer, System Administrator, Web Programmer, Database Administrator, Web Developer, Network Administrator, etc.
- To develop proficient and passionate human resources outfitted with information technology skills, both qualitative and quantitative for application in the development of education sector.
- To help students to improve their intellectual and analytical abilities, decision making, leadership to carry out, analyze and execute plans and policies for the overall development of education sector using the ideas of information technology.
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent in any stream with at least II Div or C+ Grade in Aggregate.
Semester Break Down